Jan-winter
Feb-valentine's
Mar-St. Patrick's
April-spring
May-mother
June-father
July-summer
August-summer
September-fall
October-Halloween/spooky
November-Thanksgiving
December-winter
Points of interest:
- Generally, I don't make holiday crafts (Easter, Christmas, etc) because I don't want to offend anyone and some patrons call to make sure that we are not doing any. The onlyexceptions are the one's listed above.
- The Thursday and the Saturday craft are the same thing. So if patrons can't come on Thursday, then let them know that they can make the same craft on Saturday.
- The above rule is only different, if I get an larger than expected group on Thursday. I only buy a limited number of craft kits so if they run out, which doesn't happen offen but has happened, then I'll change the Saturday craft.
- Winter, spring, summer, fall crafts could be any thing from that season. I have lots of kits and lots of crafts.
- I don't make a model or a prototype of the craft because the point is not to make it look like mine but to make it yours. So that allows the kids to express themselves. I used to make them but I started running out of places to put them.
- Generally, although it says "All Ages" I usually don't encourage the parents to make a craft for themselves. If a parent wants to make one I do let them but I really like to keep it a children activity. If we want to start an adult craft club I would be happy to do one. I love crafting.
Sorry for the long post, there are methods to my madness and I will be happy to explain them to you (ha-ha)
No comments:
Post a Comment