Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Meeting Room Policies

(Why do I suspect that "meeting rooms" will be the most-used tab on our new blog?)

I left a message this morning for the woman with Sigma Gamma Rho about meeting room policies: we can't accept their next reservation unless they assure us they can follow the rules. The rules they accept when they click that accept button.

The policy states they must vacate the room 30 minutes before closing. If Louise agrees, I think we might all say, "While the policy states 30 minutes, here at NP we generally ask you to leave no later than 15 min. before closing." To be fair, we need to be sure we all do it this way, for every group. (I think we do.) Last night, I gave them a "20 min. til closing" warning; they began leaving the room around 8:50 and the last few left at 9.

The other point I drew to her attention (her name is Jean Yea Webb in one place, Jean Yea Daniels in another) is sticking to the stated room capacity. They didn't return the extra chair they brought in, but I'm not interested in raising too big a fuss over that one.

I encouraged her to book our large meeting room in the future.

Let's be sure all our room users are following the rules.

No comments: