Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Volunteers

As a genereal rule, if you get any inquiries about volunteering please put their names and numbers down in the volunteers book behind the ref desk. Explain to the person that we keep a list of those people who are interested in volunteering. Here we only have three volunteering sessions, spring, summer and fall. When we are having the volunteer meeting they will receive a call. Once the new volunteering session has started I do not take on any new volunteers until the next one.
The sessions run, mid-January until the end of April, mid-May until the end of August and October until December. There are no dates in September because of school beginning and me wanting to give the students time to adjust to school. If you get any questions on when they might receive a call, I call one week before volunteer orientation. Since we are now in the spring session, they will not get the chance to volunteer here until May.

For course, if you get community service volunteers these rules don't apply and the need to talk to me to see if they can volunteer here. Please don't make any promises of volunteering possiblities since I have to also talk to their probation officer, according to Henrico Probation. Please get their information and I will call them back.

Thanks

1 comment:

Lisa K said...

Y'all know that by "community service" B means "court-ordered community service," right?